COVID-19– Royston Runners’ plans for returning to group training
Great news! Our club run will be back on Tuesday 1st September. The club run risk assessment, coached session risk assessment and COVID action plan are in place. Having said that there will need to be a few changes to comply with all the government and EA guidelines.
We need your help and support for this to go ahead and be successful. At the moment we are looking at club runs that are off road. Running in town is going to present different challenges and will need a new risk assessment.
We are all looking forward to running again as a club. Many people have really missed the Tuesday and Thursday night group runs – please help us with the first phase of returning to some kind of normal.
So what does this mean for club members?
- Very important is the Health Assessment form. This needs to be completed and returned before you can join a club run. You need to provide your contact details on the form to ensure that we have up to date contact information (you might also want to check your details on membermojo whilst you are at it). You only need to fill out and return this form once but you must inform us immediately if any details change. This declaration form is intended to be used during the COVID 19 epidemic and whilst England Athletics require restrictions to training; and will be destroyed once required restrictions are lifted and normal training is able to resume. However, you should make the club/group leader aware of any medical condition. It is your responsibility to ensure you carry inhalers or other medication with you at all times when running with the club.
- Every group leader is going to need support. We will need at least another 2 people from each group who are willing to lead. If group numbers exceed 6 then a group will need to split and form two groups. If you can help in a support lead role please get in touch with Liam on menscaptain(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)roystonrunners.co.uk or talk to your current group leader. We are very happy to offer guidance and talk you through the role. Detailed information will be sent to all group leaders outlining what is required.
- We will be meeting at different times as agreed in groups of no more than 6 to avoid congregating. Each group will be given a specific place to meet, please contact the group leader to discuss meet-up times. Groups 1 – 3 & 10 at the Heath, group 4 at Morrisons, groups 5 & 6 at the Warren car park and groups 7 – 9 at King James Way car park.
- We would ask people to run or cycle to the Heath if possible, please do not car share unless you are from one family/bubble and please park considerately giving other Heath users space.
- We would ask members to arrive ready to run and try to avoid using the facilities at the Heath. If you do need to use them please enter the building via the back door into the area outside the changing rooms. This is currently the entrance being used by gym members. Do not walk through the gym.
- If possible we would ask people to submit their names to the group leader before the run so that leaders have an idea of numbers. Quite a few groups already use Facebook messenger or WhatsApp group to communicate. This might be something that other group leaders want to consider setting up. However we understand that not everyone wants to use them and we don’t want to exclude anyone who chooses not to join a message group.
Thank you very much!